SEVEN OF THE BEST BEACHES IN PHUKET
Seven of the Best Beaches in Phuket
By Thomas M Johanson
Phuket is home to some of the very best beaches in Thailand. With soft white sand, tropical blue water and a range of activities available, the beaches found in Phuket cater to backpackers, couples and families alike.
Here are seven of the best beaches which can be found in Phuket:
- 1. Patong Beach - Patong Beach is one of the top travel destinations for travelers visiting Phuket. During the day, you can find many tourists soaking up the sun as they try and perfect their tan for the many bars and clubs which await them at night.
Lazing about and swimming is not the only thing Patong is good for; if your adventurous side decides to come out, you can enjoy a variety of water sports and other activities such as water skiing, snorkeling and parasailing etc.
- 2. Bangtao Beach - One of Phuket's longest beaches, Bangtao beach, was historically a place for tin mining; now it is a place filled with holiday makers and luxury resorts. Plenty of restaurants, tourist providers, and other tourist facilities are available here. Bangtao beach is known to cater to those travelers who want to relax away from the noise and eclectic atmosphere found in the rest of Phuket.
- 3. Paradise Beach - Paradise beach is characterized by its small size, the lush greenery in the background, soft white sand, and a peaceful atmosphere which many other beaches in Phuket cannot offer.
Although Paradise Beach is not suitable for swimming due to its rocky bottom, it is one of the best places in Phuket to snorkel. If snorkeling manages to work up an appetite, you can experience fine International and Thai Cuisine in one of the many nearby restaurants.
- 4. Kamala Beach - For those looking to get away from the tourist crowds and prefer a beach that caters to families, Kamala Beach is the perfect option. Sun beds for the whole family are available at low cost, tourists won't be hassled by street vendors, and the sight of white sand and shimmering tropical blue water is simply beautiful.
- 5. Freedom Beach - Freedom beach is located at the foot of a green hill just 6 km from noisy Patong. Despite its name, you will not have the freedom to engage in water sports activities as they are strictly forbidden. However, visiting this beach is still recommended, even for water sports enthusiasts, as it is one of the most famous beaches in Phuket. The fact that it is one of the cleanest beaches in Phuket is also advantageous.
- 6. Karon Beach - Karon Beach is the second largest beach which can be found in Phuket and it is also one of the longest. You might have to get there early to get your hands on a sun bed as there are only two rows of sunbeds available. However, the advantage of Karon beach is that if you get bored of spending time on the beach you can have fun playing golf at Dino Park Mini Golf, which is located just a few steps away.
- 7. Kata Beach - Next to Karon beach lays Kata beach - curving, clear water and white sand beach. There are many sun beds available but you will have to get there early to avoid disappointment. Water activities such as surfing, parasailing and jet skiing are available; the southern part of the beach is a good spot to keep children interested thanks to the plethora of tropical fish which can be seen in the shallow waters.
If you're looking for some comfortable accommodation in Phuket, visit www.patongbeach-lodge.com Hotel in Phuket on Patong Beach.
Article Source: Seven of the Best Beaches in Phuket